Terms of Service for Homeschool Consulting Sessions.
If you are new to homeschooling, you will naturally have a lot of questions. The responsibility of your child’s education is a big one to shoulder. This is why we encourage and emphasize one-on-one video sessions – we can help you to:
- Find the right learning programs. (religious or non-religious)
- Turn information and skills into lessons.
- Strategize your record keeping and planning.
- Point you to educational resources and requirements for your particular State.
- Understand your role as a teacher, guide, mentor and parent in a way to facilitate a positive learning environment.
- Manage stress for you and your children (lower stress means higher creativity).
- Discover a clear and concise philosophy of learning.
Booking of Consulting Sessions:
All bookings are made through the website. Clients are encouraged to book early. A questionnaire will be emailed to you at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. This questionnaire will greatly maximize the value of your consultation.
- There are no refunds for cancellations within the 24 hours prior to the scheduled session.
- All cancellations/rescheduling MUST be made through the booking email’s Cancel/Reschedule link.
- You will receive two mails: One is to confirm your booking and one is to add to your personal calendar. Changes to your personal calendar entry do not affect your booking – please use the provided Cancel/Reschedule link in the email sent to you for any scheduling changes.
- Missed sessions are billed at the same rate.
- Each session must start and end on time (within 3 minutes). Beyond 15 minutes past start time is considered a missed session.
- We will be using Zoom (https://www.zoom.us) for our sessions. Please make sure to install the software/hardware in advance.
- You will need adequate internet bandwidth to have a successful session. Video sessions are the norm, so please take that into account.
For Your Sessions:
We encourage an attitude of openness and self-knowledge. The parent-child relationship is probably the most important of all human relationships as it has long-lasting effects. According to numerous medical and psychological benchmarks, our relationships with our own parents were most likely poor and that alone is cause to self-examine what tools and approaches we use to interact with our children. This topic can be a sensitive topic as we have grown accustomed to the toxic relationships from our own upbringing and were told that that unhealthy environment was what parental ‘love’ was. Be patient and be committed - you will be surprised how improving the parent-child relationship can greatly improve learning, creativity and have a greater general sense of wellbeing. The bottom line is to be open to self-knowledge – change may not happen overnight, but it can happen and when it does, it is an amazing ah-ha moment.
Legal Statements and Considerations:
All consulting conversations are private otherwise or as otherwise required by law. All recordings are stored securely offline (remotely) after each session and a client copy is transferred upon request. Every client is encouraged to review their sessions several times for maximum benefit. However, recordings in part or in their entirety may not be reproduced, uploaded, remastered or offered for public viewing whether online or offline without the expressed written consent by and between Homeschool Life LLC and the client. All content is the property of Homeschool Life LLC.